Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First day in the water

  I got out to Huntington at the cliffs by about 6 this morning to try out my new board. The waves were supposed to be very small, but it wasn't cloudy, and the water was super glassy, so even though they were pretty small, I had to get out and at least paddle around on my board

 About to make it's maiden voyage

 In the water, floating, not leaking, and feeling awesome underneath me. The sound of water splashing against a hollow wooden board is pretty cool; cooler than water splashing a non-hollow foam board...I'm hyped on it, can you tell?

 The sun finally came up to join the session

 It floats!!!!!!!!!
 These guys were in full force this morning, diving pretty close to me.

 And soaring everywhere
Got a handful of small rides in this morning, enough to get a taste for how the board feels, but not totally. Regardless, I was beyond pumped, as you can tell. It's a totally different feeling of carving around on a wooden board, and I'm super pumped on the shape too! Can't wait to get it out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment