Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SF and Amtrak train

After the work stuff on Thursday and Friday I got to stay up on Berkeley and SF the rest of the weekend. It was an awesome weekend to say the least...

Building in Oakland
I rented a bike on Saturday by the Fisherman's Wharf and rode across the Golden Gate Bridge and up into a park area and a few little towns


I cut off onto some dirt roads. This was a struggle to come up


my hybrid cruiser

chillin up top
Then I rode down to the beach and took a quick nap


Pretty nice scenery down there


And nice barreling waves the hole time!


Sausalito, CA

Sausalito, CA

View from SF after I came back across the bridge


Surf spot under the bride. I've heard the current is pretty gnarly here, but I couldn't see the guys drifting around much



I boarded the train at Jack London Square in Oakland. They had a replica of a Jack London cabin he lived in in Alaska for a while.


Off on the open tracks

Here's the setup inside. As you can see it was pretty empty


Cheesin

I was in the last car, so I had this view from the back door
Hit some tunnels just north of San Luis Obispo. Artificial solar eclipses


This looks like an instagram type photo on the edge, but that was just the edge of the window frame looking blurry. fooled you


Again, not instagram. Coming around a cool bend


Had a good watercolor setup going for a while too


Then we hit the coast and it was awesome! Just south of San Luis Obispo is where we finally got out by the ocean

That splash is a humpback whale we saw jump twice! It was crazy!


Nice coastline


Again. The coast made the trip worth it for sure


Out the back end


Here's the sight-seeing car they had open to whoever

No comments:

Post a Comment