Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Spider Mites: The Destruction of the Kentucky Wonder

My Enemy.

This past week I discovered that my sad looking eggplant was covered in spider mites and after consulting my books I just spray them off with water. I decided to keep a vigilant eye on the eggplant to see if they would return, pretty naive of me by the way. Of course they came back, they're pest. So I decided to head to they nursery to ask for advice on how to handle the spider mites and I also brought some yellowing leaves belonging to my green beans. Well it turns out that the green beans, those fantastic Kentucky Wonders, were covered in spider mites as well.
I purchased a spray containing pyrethrin, a natural insecticide and frantically sprayed the green beans and eggplants. The spray seems to be working some but I'm losing hope. We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment