Monday, June 27, 2011

Garden Update: June

June is almost over and despite my doubts the weather has pulled through and has provided my garden with great growing conditions. Last year it mostly remained overcast and it never quite got warm enough. This resulted in slow growing tomatoes and peppers. This year has been great and I've been busying eating tomatoes, beans, and peppers. I've decided not to spray the beans or eggplants anymore to deal with the spider mites. The spray was natural and fine for organic gardening but it was broad spectrum, therefore it kill both bad and good bugs. I'm going to continue to blast the victim plants with water to give the mites a shake down but the plants will just have to hold their own beyond that. You can't baby them, they're dealing with Mother Nature.




I think it's safe to say, this guy defeated the mites. I'm proud of this Black Beauty eggplant!

The garden is doing well overall with the exception of the Kentucky Wonder. As you can see it has lost most of it's leaves on the bottom. Some of the younger beans have hope. They seem to be recovering from their mite attack but I'm not getting my hopes too high. I'm bummed about the beans but I'm learning!

Maui onions are starting to get big!


California Wonders from last year.




Golden Bell Pepper


First tomatoes of the season

No comments:

Post a Comment