Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year

I like New Years not so much for the booze and shiny clothing but mostly because its a time of the year to reset. I know New Year's resolutions don't stick but I figure these goals are within reason.

Melissa's:
1. Be More Positive
    I struggle with this one. My goal is not to be so easily affected by stress and negative people. Plus I need should not be so hard on myself. I try my hardest and that's what counts.
2. Own Less Things
    I'm running out of room. All this crap doesn't even get used.
3. Less Stomach Aches
    I plan on achieving this by learning how to recognized when I am full and by abandoning the clean plate club. Feeling crappy sucks.
5. Be More Physically Active
    This will forever make the list.
6. Make or Create Weekly
    I get grouchy and stressed out when I don't do the things I enjoy most. So the goal is to force myself to either make cheese, bread, or any delightful treat at least once a week no matter how busy I am.
7. Make More Time For the Garden
    I am happiest in the garden, so it's silly to not make more time for it.
8. Be More Grateful
   I have been very fortunate and need to realize it more often.
9. Blog
    I promise I'll blog more. :)
10. Stretch

Matt's:
1. Eat slower
I will not start going for or prepping my next bite until I have fully finished the bite I currently have in my mouth!
2. Gain some weight
I'm puny. Going on the avocado and butter diet. Watch for this to catch on in 2013 :). I will also try to do this by building a little bit of muscle
3. Less computer
Self explanatory
4. Get an iPhone
To make up for being on my computer less
5. Relax a little bit more
I'll try to be ok with not constantly doing something or feeling the need to be doing something
6. Less sweets
Subbing in fruit or veggies for this crap
7. Stretch more
More yoga. By 2014, I will be able to kneel back and sit on my ankles. I hope....


It's been a great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment