Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another broken fin

Sooooo, I went out yesterday with my one successful set of fins so far (they've lasted 5 or 6 sessions), and it was a bit big, with some 5 or 6 foot sets coming through. I caught a few, but then on one bigger one, I dropped in, went to carve, and slipped out. After gettign somersaulted around a bit underwater, I pulled the board back to me , and saw I only had one fin... yay. These ones had two layers of glass on each side of the wooden fin (I think). Guess that's not enough. At this point, whatever, I'm passed being bummed and realized that this will happen, at least at the beginning of making these... hopefully the next ones will last.

So far, the three sets on the left have broken, the other two sets I haven't made much progress on making them cuz of being busy. So the left fin of the far left set broke off and was nowhere to be found. The next set to the right: these ones just failed, and the right fin broke off and was nowhere to be found (so at least i have one left fin and one right fin to use, just different sizes), and the middle set: both bases broke on those. I think I've figured out the reason for failing on on three though... like i said, hopefully the next ones last. I'm working on one new set already.

No comments:

Post a Comment