Monday, April 27, 2015

Big Sur and Morro Bay with Collin Dec 2014

Well yeesh, it's been a while since some posts..... heres a handful to get back up to speed quickly

Went up to Big Sur area a while back and met with Collin. Here's a few pics to sum it up!

Sunset along the coast 

Coastal hike
Looking the other direction

Lounging at the camp spot


I talked with the camp host for a while and he had a few slabs of a tree they had recently cut down. Not sure what kind it is, but he offered me a slab, and I consulted with Mel, and she was into it also, so we took this slab of wood. Since it's been a while since I got this, I can relay what I did with the slab - nothing. It's too thick to do anything with and I don't' have a mill or something that is big enough to resaw it into a manageable thickness, so now it just sits at our backyard. The bark has all come off too so it's not as pretty…. :/


In the Scion. This improved our gas mileage greatly on the drive home.



Hikin in the woods


Friends around redwoods

Smiling like always

Tree bridge


Camp spot in Morro Bay was pretty scenic

Drive along the coast and near the campground


Hiked out to the end of a peninsula the next morning to the open ocean 


and spotted a lot of these guys in the bay area!

Photos through binoculars




Big rock at Morro Bay


New pose






No comments:

Post a Comment