Friday, October 15, 2010

DIY surfboard (#1)!!!!!!!!!!!


shaping racks-need to add foam padding adn put them in a 5 gallon buckets filled with sand! (plenty of sand for free around here)
template on the blank!
template on my other fish-using this board as reference for some aspects, but changing from it a bit too
quite frankly pencils leading me the whole way
board drawn out with dimensions-says 5'6", but i've already changed that to 5'8", other than that, all other dimensions are the same

About to start shaping my first board! Pretty pumped, been thinking about this for quite a while adn finally decided it's time! been reading a ton of stuff over the past couple weeks-there’s so many resources just online, and just from talking to people at surf shops (and getting passed feeling like an idiot asking certain questions), but I’ve already learned a ton and I’m really pumped on that alone. So, I bought a blank the other day from Foam EZ, along with one tool. I have most other stuff, and I’m gonna make a few tools too. For starters the shaping stands. Plenty of guidance on making these too. Cut the template out the other night too, so gonna cut out the rough shape this weekend! Many more posts to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment